Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Max goes to France, plus some fabrics from Paris

We had a long-planned trip to France over Thanksgiving for Max to meet his great-grandparents. It was a really great trip and everyone loved Max of course!
at the Centre Pompidou, covered in drool

One of our Xmas card photos, his outfit was a hit!
 Shopping for the baby is very satisfying, so I bough a bunch of cute French clothes. Some are 18 months sizes, so he is not quite big enough until the Spring probably.
The one on the left says "tu me fais fondre" (you make me melt)

The koala sweater and overalls fit now and they are too cute!

The grey sweater says "mon petit amour"
 One afternoon we went up to Montmartre to walk around and stop at Chateau Rouge. That is the metro stop near the African market and all the wax fabric stores. Two summers ago, I shopped around and couldn't decide on anything. This time, there was a new shop that had just opened. It was very organized and had new stock that wasn't picked over- lots of good prints with different colorways in each.

All three are the full panel that you get, six meters or something like that. The left one is pink and green with a shiny gold design; it is hard to see unless you click on the picture and make it bigger. I really like the primary color one in the center with chickens. The right is blues and greens with an abstract plant design.
 Max is too big for the Baby Bjorn now. I missed the December Babywearing International meeting and there isn't one in January, so we don't have any other carriers right now. I think this weekend I am going to wash one and try some back carries. He is only 20 lbs, but he is too heavy to wear on my front anymore.

We also went to Marche St. Pierre and I bought some light polyester prints that will make beautiful dresses for the spring and summer. I don't have a specific plan in mind, so I bought two meters of each, just to be safe.
This one has an almost crazy graffiti look to it

Africa safari?

This one makes me wish I was in the Caribbean instead of the Chicago winter
They are all very drapey and light. I hope to make something cool! I am back to my previous weight and shape (minus the squishy stomach muscles), so now sewing isn't also a huge trial-and-error, fitting exercise. I can just go back to my old size and modifications!

I should really start on the spring dresses now and maybe I will finish them  by the end of summer, lol! Any pattern ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Max is too cute. I used a back pack for a child and my son loved it and it was very comfortable for me. It wasn't one of the sleek modern ones, it was a wide based one that you could open part of the frame and it would stand up with the child in it still. It looked very basic but it was better that a more fancy stylish one friends gave me. I used to sit him in it on the kitchen table and then just slip it on. I hung out washing, did the housework, shopping ... everything and Alex could see just above my head and he loved it because it was at a height he wouldn't see at otherwise. We used it for travelling and for daily use too. I found it easier than the wraps etc too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been borrowing ones like that from the babywearing group, we just don't have one for two months! :(

      Delete
  2. If you have already picked out the colors for your wedding, you should definitely purchase this colorful girl dress for your big day.beautydress wedding dresses wish reviews
    http://www.beautydress.co.za

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!